Sunday, April 24, 2011

Yummy Rolls!

So for Easter, we were invited to a friends house for dinner. I was asked to bring rolls for everyone. So I figured we had 16 kids, two of with are babies, and 11 adults, and we needed something like 2-3 rolls a piece. So I made 6 dozen rolls! This is my favorite recipe and it comes from my sister-in-law, Ginger. They are soooooooo good and easy to make. Here is the recipe.......

Feather Light Rolls
2 ½ Tbsp. Instant yeast
½ c. warm water
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. Crisco oil
2 eggs
1 c. scalded milk
2 tsp. salt
4 ½ c. flour (approx)
Mix together: sugar, oil, salt, eggs. Add scalded milk
and warm water. Add 2c. flour & mix. Add 1 more c.flour,
plus the instant yeast. Mix. Then add the rest of the
flour gradually. Let kneed 6 minutes in bosch. Let rise till
doubled in size. Roll in balls and roll in butter and place in pan.
Let raise about 20 minutes.
Bake @ 425 for 10-12 minutes.

This makes about 2 dozen rolls!
Here are a couple of pictures. I kind of failed to get someone to take shots while I was making them, but that is cause it was Easter Sunday and my hubby was already cutting strawberries for breakfast, my oldest was making buttermilk syrup for breakfast and my other kids were enjoying their Easter Baskets. So these photos will have to do.


Obviously, these are just after I rolled them in the butter and put them in the pan.


And these are the baked ones!

Just so you know, I really didn't have too many left.

1 comment:

Steven and Ginger said...

I love these rolls too. They were on our Easter Dinner menu.