Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Biscuits and Sausage Gravy

I am sure by now you are all wondering if I make anything that I have not found on a blog. Well, yes I do! They just are nothing NEW to me so I don't think to take pictures. I have had many people ask for some of my recipes, which of course I got from someone else but at least they are not currently on a blog already. Anyway, I am working on those and will take pictures next time I make them.

But for now another meal from another blog. This one again comes from Marin over at Marin's Creations. This meal got rave reviews from the hubby and kiddos. So here it is...

Biscuits
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/3 cup shortening
1 cup milk

Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in the shortening until mixture resembles a coarse meal. Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl (you may not need a whole cup). Mix well. Flour your surface really well and dump the dough out of the bowl. Roll out to 1" thick. Cut biscuits with a large cutter or juice glass dipped in flour. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 13-15 minutes at 425 degrees.



While those are baking make the gravy.

Sausage Gravy
3/4 lb. sausage roll
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Crumble and cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat until browned.



2. Stir in flour until dissolved. Gradually stir in milk. Cook gravy until thick and bubbly. Season with salt and pepper.



3. Serve over hot biscuits.



So this is a keeper at our house. I think next time I will make the biscuit a little bigger around. But it won't be long before we have these again.

No comments: